MiniPopKids.com respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Alternatively, you can download a PDF version of the policy. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
- Important information and who we are
- The data we collect about you
- How is your personal data collected?
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your Legal Rights
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy noticeThis privacy notice informs you as to how we collect, process and look after your personal data in the course of interacting with us, whether by visiting this website, buying a product from us, signing up to our newsletter or otherwise and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Third-party linksThis website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about youPersonal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as : Contact Data: includes first name, last name, email address, telephone number, billing address, and delivery address Order Recipient Data: includes first name, last name and email address, telephone number, delivery address for any person for whom you wish to buy one of our products (which we have only if you choose to provide to us) Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses Financial Data: includes payment card details, and billing address Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website Usage Data: includes information about your use of our website, products including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); elements you viewed or words you searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits; interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) Marketing Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing material from us Communications Data: includes emails and notes of conversations We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide personal dataWhere we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to deliver the product you have ordered but we will notify you if this is the case.
3. How is your personal data collected?We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through: Direct interactions. You may give us your Contact, Profile, Order Recipient, Marketing and Communications Data by submitting information through the website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- choose to buy our digital or physical products;
- Request marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below: Technical Data from the following parties: (a) analytics providers such as Google; and (b) advertising networks such as Google AdSense and the Facebook pixel.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Chase Paymentech, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Stripe.
4. How we use your personal dataWe will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Click here to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Purposes for which we will use your personal dataWe have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose / Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to record your personalised account)|
|To send you our newsletter or other marketing materials. To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||Contact||Consent where you have specifically opted in|
|Marketing||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to grow our business and send you offers about our latest products where you have chosen not to opt out of receiving these)|
|To process and arrange for delivery of your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us (c) provide you with customer support services||Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|Order Recipient||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to receive payment)|
|Financial||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to deliver orders to recipients at your request)|
|Profile||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||Contact||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)|
|Technical||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||Contact||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
Promotional offers from usWe may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Opting outWe strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising and our newsletters. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages or our newsletter at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mailing or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages or newsletters, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product experience or other transactions.
Third-party marketingWe will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party company for marketing purposes.
5. Disclosures of your personal dataWe may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Order fulfilment service providers (acting as data processors on our behalf) as follows:
- Warehouse service providers such as MusicToday based in the US, and Isotope Music based in Canada and the UK
- Shipping service provider such as DHL, USPS, Canada Post, Royal Mail
- Payment processing service providers such as Chase Paymentech, Cybersource, Paypal
- Customer service providers such as Freshdesk which may have servers based in the USA
- Email management service providers such as MailUp based in Italy
- Third party social media plugins such as Facebook and Twitter to connect you with your social network and which can be disabled by adjusting your privacy settings on the relevant social media site.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.